Here are two handpainted watercolour designs I have done for Next Girlswear available here. Its tricky to produce artworks which have a true watercolour quality that can be commerically outputted with standard screen inks. I’ve developed a way of creating this kind of design which gives it a true painterly quality while only requiring standard output process with a limited number of screens.
I’m almost finished with this tribal brief, perhaps another half day.
Well I finally got all 4 complete, here’s the other 3. I would love to be able to really indulge in briefs like this, and lavish time and care on each design but they really have to be thrown together to an extent as I’m expected to produce 4 in one day at least.
This week is really hectic as I have projects for 3 different clients all with back to back deadlines so there’s no room for overlapping. It’s starting to feel like the super-busy days when I started freelancing full time back in Jan 2008 and I was doing 70-80 hours some weeks. Its not quite at that level just yet though!
Back to the tribal brief tomorrow, but for baby this time…
I’m off to Manchester now to visit some old friends and soak up some big-city culture (and no doubt get my Urban Outfitters fix)
I’ve been continuing with the tribal brief, completing the artwork above which will be a oversize front placement. I’ve been developing ways to create etherial painterly and photographic effects which are still solid colour and therefore viable for standard screen output and this butterfly is an example of this technique.